Sunday, June 18, 2006

Negativity










Complaining is lame, and I hate doing it. I've been in so much pain in the last year and a half that it got really old. Anyway, I'm going to complain now and then shelve it. I should also say that there were some really, really great things about today. We went to a surprise birthday clambake for Will's aunt, and it was a lot of fun!

But... here comes the complaining:

I've been in pain since Wednesday. Pushing through the week was tough. And consequently exercising is not an option right now, which is hard considering how stressed I am.

That bruise is an impressive shiner from the lab. The photo is a few days old now--I'm always struck when bruises turn that yellowy color as they heal--and while I'm in complaint mode I thought I'd post it...

The sun is coming up, but my head is so full of tasks and assignments that I still can't sleep. I'm being thwarted by a computer account freeze of my test prep materials (which expire very soon) and because volume 1 of my orgo VHS lesson tapes is stuck in the VCR, jamming it and preventing me from watching volume 2.

Date night this weekend is not happening. Try again next weekend, when I'm in pre-finals mode... Haha!
Maybe Will or I should move out so we have to make plans to see each other or at least have a real conversation on the phone...

I didn't end up having to go in to the large animal hospital tonight, so Will and I got to bowl a round (Did you know that only takes 20 minutes?). Pic of new bowling shoes above, as promised.

I knew this summer would be tough when I decided to take orgo, but it just really has me down right now. I don't regret the choice though.

OK. Complaining done. Next post will be sunshiney and/or fun.

Also, that's Will's Cambridge Warriors cap. Next game in 4 hours....

1 Comments:

Blogger (A Little) Gris Gris said...

I'm more struck by the carpet than the bowling shoes. Also, I'm tired.

Huge proponent of negativity. Keep it up! Or not. But, I sure as hell don't mind a vent now and then.

Sunshiny yet?

Sorry, again: I'm tired.

Love, Amanda

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home