Thursday, September 21, 2006

Ow


A day of a few firsts. By 8am this morning, I'd passed out for the first time ever and also taken my first ride in an ambulance. I could have had my first morphine, but I decided to be stoic. (Besides, the doc that offered me the morphine seemed like a t.v. doctor - like maybe he just ordered the nurse to give it to me because it sounded good.) A few hours, a thousand mL's of fluid, and about a million tests later, they released me--probably just another cyst. Still, I don't feel so great, and I have to go back this afternoon to be reevaluated.

Passing out was a strange experience. There have been so many times that I've felt woozy and wondered if I was going to pass out, but it didn't even cross my mind today. My vision quickly became blotchy and finally totally black, and I remember thinking that I was going blind, but fainting didn't occur to me. Will heard a bang and found me on the floor of the hallway.

I'm happy to be home instead of waiting around at the hospital. No blogging in the ER.

1 Comments:

Blogger JB said...

Ach...decided to be stoic..how many cysts have you had before?-- JBoddie

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home