Sunday, February 15, 2009

Science!

This has been an interesting weekend. On Friday I spent the day interviewing, chatting, dining, etc. with PhD program faculty, students, and other recruit prospects (like me). I'm still waiting to hear about admission and funding, so no definitive news there yet. I will post as soon as I know something.

So, IKEA has been running special deals all weekend, and yesterday and today (and tomorrow--Will is going) we've headed to IKEA first thing in the morning to take advantage of the limited-time offers. Yesterday we got a bridal shower gift for some friends, today we got a comforter for ourselves (to replace one the corgi puked on that we didn't clean well enough and that then molded-ug), and tomorrow it's a half-price dresser that matches our bed frame. I'm boring you, I know. Anyhow, we also got these lovely succulents as a Valentine's Day treat for ourselves. Let's hear it for hearty plants! As I explained to Will, these are like pretty cacti that can't hurt you (no spines).



On Saturday, after the daily trip to IKEA, we continued to my beloved (super lame but it's my favorite!) Har Mar Mall in Roseville for the annual home schooler's (creationist) science fair. Will and I kept respectfully quiet as we looked over the children's projects, and then retreated to the used book section of Barnes & Noble to share whispered commentary. I worry about these kids, but I do enjoy the event. This was my favorite project this year:



Now I'm preparing for a Clinical Pathology exam on Wednesday. Lots of material and tough, but at least it's a very interesting subject. Actually, more immediately, I'm prepping for a lab quiz, 8am tomorrow morning. No Presidents' Day vacation here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home