Monday, September 03, 2007

Another thing: Swaps!

You know the swap concept--where strangers sign up online to trade packages through the mail according to some kind of theme? I was perusing swap lists and thinking of signing up for some when I realized that it would be better to do swaps with people I actually know, especially now that we're far away from most friends and family. Anyway, please let me know if you want to swap with me! I love putting together packages, and it would also be a great pick-me-up to receive one after a long day at school.

A few ideas for themes (some are redundant, but you get the idea):
--Seasons (one package per season)
--Animals, or a particular animal
--Handmade
--A particular place
--French
--Scandinavian
--Dogs
--Snails
--Plants
--The sea
--Poems
--Bizarre clearance items
--Candles
--Color-themed
--Beginning-of-the-month trinket swap
--Magnets
--Free/discount swag from work/vet school
--Others???

Please let me know if you're interested! I was also thinking of setting a pretty low dollar limit per package. Like, if it's a monthly thing or something simple like magnets, around $5, maybe $10-$15 or so for one-time or more complex swaps, like color-themed, etc. Hopefully the swag swap could be free. Choose light items and first-class mail is cheap! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I want in on swapping :) It would be such a nice break from school and give me a reason to not despise the mail since all I get now is bills!!

I just finished week 2 of school... it hasnt been "hard" exactly... everything has been on a level that I understand... but OMG the amount of material thrown at us everyday!!! my first big exam (thoracic limb in anatomy) is next week. I feel sick already :)

oh yeah... i was NOT a fan of our forced bonding... there were bunk beds. need i say more? :)

i hope all is well... send me an email (lauren.abrahamsen@gmail.com) with your current email address... oh yeah, and details on the swapping :)

happy first day of school!!!!

8:57 PM  
Blogger clock-a-clay said...

Sweet! Lauren, I'll email you. :)

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home