Saturday, September 15, 2007

Friday night done right



Will and I are quite smug and proud of ourselves this morning. Despite our recent conversion to a pair of early birds, we had a great Friday night and stayed up until **gasp!** after midnight. (In Boston, when did we ever go to bed BEFORE midnight...? Hardly ever.)

First we took a family walk after school, which is becoming a daily occurence and quite a healthy habit. Then Will made dinner while I worked out a bit and chatted with my mom. Then we started watching a movie (Maria Full of Grace) and cracked into a lovely bottle of wine. When we got a call from friends inviting us to join them at a microbrewery in Minneapolis, we uncharacteristically peeled ourselves off the couch, shed our sweat pants, and met them in the city. Our efforts were rewarded by good beer and conversation. When we got home, we amazingly stayed awake to finish the film--hard to watch at times, but well done. I recommend it.

Anyway, now I should hit the books. I leave you with a picture of angry Maggie, wearing her citronella spray "no bark" collar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home